HM Plant Honda Begins Preparations In Spain for BSB Title Defence
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HM Plant Honda Begins Preparations In Spain for BSB Title Defence
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

Reigning British Superbike champions HM Plant Honda will begin pre-season testing this week in Spain in preparation to defend their title with Ryuichi ‘Kiyo’ Kiyonari, whilst Shane 'Shakey' Byrne will make his much-anticipated debut with the team on the CBR1000RR Fierblade.

Kiyo returned from Japan last week and is now focused on his title defence; with the track time his first opportunity to test the team’s Fireblade alongside returning former champion Shakey, who will ride the bike for the first time. The test will also be the first time that Australian Jason O’Halloran has ridden the HM Plant Honda Superstock 1000 specification Fireblade as he bids to win back the title for Honda this season.

[Image: hmplanttrio.jpeg]

Kiyo said:

“I am a little nervous, but I always am when we first get back on the bike after a winter off as I haven’t ridden for a few months. Everything will be different this season with new riders and that means new competition for me, which makes me happy as it is another challenge. In Spain we know what we did last year, so I hope for good weather and to be able to improve my speed and go faster than before. We want a good test as I know it is going to be another tough season and I won’t be happy unless I am winning or finishing on the podium in every race.”

Shakey said:

“These tests can’t come quick enough for me and I am really pleased that we have got days on two different tracks so we can really get out there and get the laps in which is so important before the start of the season. I don’t expect to come out straight away and be breaking lap records as that is not realistic at the first test, however I want to come away from Calafat with a better understanding of the HM Plant Honda Fireblade and having got bedded in with the team. We have plenty of time to get to grips with the bike and make the necessary changes throughout the test so that we arrive at Cartagena in a more comfortable position and ready to improve our pace. At Cartagena there will be lots of riders on track and we can see then an indication of where we are at.”

Jason said:

“I can’t wait to get rolling now as I haven’t ridden a bike since last year and I just want to get working with the team and get on the HM Plant Honda Fireblade. I came back from Australia last week and have been up to Louth to see all the team and now all I want to do is get started. I haven’t raced in Superstock before so we can really crack on at these tests so we can come back to the UK ready to go.”

Team Manager, Havier Beltran concluded:

“After a fantastic finish last season the team has had a hectic winter of preparation and the mechanics have been kept extremely busy with building the Fireblades over the past months. Kiyo is obviously ready to defend his title and we look forward to working with our two new riders, Shane Byrne in BSB and Jason O’Halloran in the Superstock class. The first test at Calafat is going to be a shakedown for all three riders and give them the chance to establish a base setting, in order to move on to Cartagena and continue to make improvements ready for the opening round at Brands Hatch at the end of April.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
01-03-2011, 07:14 PM
Website Find Reply