Sun shines as Redding leads day two
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sun shines as Redding leads day two
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

[Image: moto2.gif]

Much improved weather conditions allowed a busy morning of activity at the Moto2 & 125cc Test at Jerez, with Scott Redding the fastest Moto2 rider by midday and Nico Terol topping the 125cc sheet.

Saturday morning at Jerez provided vastly improved conditions for the Moto2 and 125cc riders at the Test, as the sun permitted a wealth of activity by midday in the combined session. By 12pm local time 37 riders from the Moto2 class and 30 from the 125cc category had been out on track, as they sought to maximise a surface that reached 20ºC by midday.

After two hours of open-track time Scott Redding led the Moto2 timings with a best lap of 1’44.318, followed by Stefan Bradl (+0.501s), Julián Simón (+0.601s), Tom Lüthi (+0.855s) and Alex de Angelis (+1.066s) in the top five. Mattia Pasini, Yonny Hernández, Javier Forés, Bradley Smith and Pol Espargaró completed the top ten after the early opening runs.

[Image: sredding3.jpg]

The 125cc riders also drew as much benefit as possible from the improved weather, with Nico Terol quickest after two hours with a best time of 1’49.642. Maverick Viñales (+0.070s), Efrén Vázquez (+0.349s), Jonas Folger (+0.467s) and Johann Zarco (+0.472s) completed the top five by midday.

The session was red flagged for a short period just after 11am following a crash at Turn 1 for Mika Kallio and Alex Baldolini, an incident from which both escaped unharmed, whilst in the 125cc class Giulian Pedone fell at the entry to the start/finish straight and fellow rookie Hiroki Ono also had a slow-speed fall. The Swiss rider was taken to the Clinica Mobile as a precaution, whilst the Japanese returned to the track as soon as his bike had been cleaned.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-03-2011, 12:15 PM
Website Find Reply