POSITIVE START FOR THE NEW KAWASAKI NINJA ZX-10R
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
POSITIVE START FOR THE NEW KAWASAKI NINJA ZX-10R
[Image: msskawasakigif.jpg]

MSS Colchester Kawasaki got their testing schedule underway with some good base settings and understanding of the new Ninja ZX-10R as they enjoyed good weather in Cartagena, southern Spain.

The official Kawasaki British Superbike team experimented with wheelbase lengths extensively to see how the new model reacted on what was a very stock ‘engined’ machine. With mid-day tarmac temperatures touching 20 degrees, it was crucial to get this dry, warm track-time to ascertain chassis settings.

Team boss Nick Morgan set targets for each of his four riders with the Superstock duo of Danny Buchan and Howie Mainwaring getting down to low ‘1:37’s’ and the Superbike riders of Stuart Easton and Gary Mason 1:34 and 1:35 given the low spec of tune and this being their first test of the new machine. Stuart had also ridden the World Superbike spec machine previously in Sepang, Malaysia.

The test session gave the team good mileage on the new bikes and for the technicians, a good understanding of the intricacies of the new, technologically advanced Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R.

The Superbike team now travel to the World Superbike track of Portimao in Portugal for a two day test whilst Howie will head to the Spanish track of Guadix to continue testing the Superstock machine.

Nick Morgan concluded,

“Very positive first test for the team, obviously it’s easy to get fixated on the times from these outings against other BSB guys but we have a radically new model that needs methodically testing for settings which is what we’ve been doing. We set and exceeded our targets for the test in terms of new model familiarisation, rider development and mileage so very happy so far. The Superbike is effectively an Evo bike as the engines are still being worked on and we didn’t even run a generator whilst the Superstock machines are still trackday bikes with an end can, its that early for this new model but we can see massive potential in the bikes. The riders and team are working well, we have no egos and we’re looking forward to more track time in Portimao and then back in the UK.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
08-03-2011, 11:24 AM
Website Find Reply