Foggy Bike delayed
Anonymous
Unregistered

Foggy Bike delayed
The Foggy Petronas FP1 will not debut at Laguna Seca after all, but will race at Brands one month later.Why is that not a surprise?
25-06-2002, 11:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Foggy Bike delayed
Tonto
Your right its not surprising.Its hard to see a new Bike maker challenging the Japanese.Plus is Foggy the ideal man to run a team and James Haydon isn't a good enough rider to develop the bike and get top results in WSB.
Whole project looks doomed.
26-06-2002, 01:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mmm... but it will put another few thousand people on the gate at Brands WSB possibly ??? We have been booked up for months anyway as i think the Brits will put on a great show regardless of Foggy n Co being there or not. I do think James Haydon made a big mistake teaming up with the new Foggy team, however i think the big money on offer probably had a lot to do with it ?? Really looking foreward to the WSS round did anyone see last weeks round ? great racing, at its best !
cheers Stella.
26-06-2002, 02:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mr Jim Smith - If you wish to use an e-mail address when posting on the Board, please ensure that it is a valid e-mail address. The one you are using is invalid.

"smith765@yahoo.com cannot be delivered. This account has been disabled or discontinued"

26-06-2002, 02:42 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

'James Haydon isn't a good enough rider to develop the bike and get top results in WSB'

Yes he is !

26-06-2002, 05:38 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

have to agree with you there doctor who? james is one of the most talented circuit riders in this country and without a shadow of a doubt he is certainly the bravest. witness some of the horrendous crashes the boy has had and still gets up wanting for more. he has my utmost admiration, and i don't say that about many roundy-roundy riders. your namesake mr rossi being one of the others.
ade!
26-06-2002, 06:33 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

To much off a crasher Haydon...Walker is struggling in WSB,what chance has Haydon on a new unproven bike ???
Anytime he's rode in world events,he hasn't exactly shone.
Like so amny of our riders ,just not good enough.
26-06-2002, 07:56 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

26-06-2002, 11:00 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Walker struggling (if struggling is being consistent top ten and currently eighth in championship)on a rubbish outdated bike while suffering from bells palsy, still building his confidence and constantly beating his Jap teammate, hopefully along with Corser Haydon will develop a competitive bike and get a proper chance to prove he can cut it at world level.
Like so many of our riders, never get a chance on competitive machinery.
Like so many fans don't appreciate how good these guy's really are.
26-06-2002, 11:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry, wrong place. The massage above was in response to Jim Smiths posting below.

Harvey T.
26-06-2002, 11:05 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes Doctor got to agree with your diagnosis ! Anyone watching last weekends duel between Walker and Toseland cannot fail to see how hard they were both racing. Still feel that its a shame that James Haydon took so long away from the racing scene, though presumably the problem that he had with his neck should be completely healed by now ?
cheers Stella
26-06-2002, 11:27 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

agreed, agreed, agreed! just what we need in racing, apathy and knockers. the knockers don't bother me, as i'm quite a fan of them, it's the apathy that pisses me off! i could add a lot more, but after several pints of the black stuff i might say something i [might] regret. jim smith aint my favourite name anyway, after the useless git that managed derby, and managed to do them a world of no good.
ade!
26-06-2002, 11:37 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Doctor

Walker finishes Top 10,cause theres at most 10 factory riders..ok,the Kwack isn't the best bike
but how often does he ride above the bike ?
Walker had a 500 Honda in GP'S,done nothing,continually crashed.Showed nothing to suggest he was of that standard.
I don't think you realise how good World Standard riders need to be..Walker hasn't got it,his results prove it.
27-06-2002, 03:15 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stella

Both Walker and Toseland were well back from the leaders...2 riders going nowhere.

27-06-2002, 06:46 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

ade

I think I'm just stating the obvious about Walker,Haydon and Toseland.Riders who just can't make it.Their natural home is BSB and wild cards at British WSB rounds.
They are fast riders but just not good enough
27-06-2002, 06:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

27-06-2002, 11:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes right going nowhere ? how come they were laping at less than 1.5 secs a lap off T Bayliss`s times ? Your a sad man, Goodnight.
27-06-2002, 11:39 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Stella that posting by Jim Smith is just trying to wind everone up, even his email address is phoney.
28-06-2002, 09:44 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah,lapping 1.5 seconds at a track they know really well..would they do that in Spain,Holland..NO.
You watch the races with an open mind and not take in all the media hype,about world beaters,bad tyres etc
28-06-2002, 10:54 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Harvey

No doubt Hodgson is the best of the British riders but his improved results in WSB has coincided with a decline in the standard and number of top riders.Take out Bayliss and Edwards and what have you got..Xaus,Haga,Lavilla etc
Hodgson's benchmark has to be Bayliss and Edwards and he's well short of them.
As for Doohan his results weren't that bad but consider his oppostion..Schwantz,Rainey,Kocinski,Lawson etc,you can understand how he wasn't a winner straight off.
28-06-2002, 11:10 AM