Shakey spills: Cadwell Park test and extreme slipstreaming
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey spills: Cadwell Park test and extreme slipstreaming
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

Shane 'Shakey' Byrne is relishing the chance to get some more track mileage completed next week on home soil when the HM Plant Honda team return to the track at Cadwell Park for the first of a series of UK based tests.

Shakey last raced at Cadwell Park in 2008 and since returning to their Louth base the team have been working hard to iron out some of the issues they encountered during their first test. The double champion is eager to see what progress they can now make when they return to their home track next week.

[Image: shakyhonda1.jpg]

Shakey said:

"I am currently in the Czech Republic until the weekend when I head back to the UK ready for our next test at Cadwell Park. I am really looking forward to it, maybe more so than the tests in Spain as it will be on a track that we will actually be racing on. I haven't been there since I last raced in BSB back in 2008 so I can't wait. I have had some good news from the boys back at HM Plant Honda HQ too, they have been looking through the data since we returned from Spain and they think they have solved some of the issues we were having so fingers crossed! The time in Spain worked well, but I am definitely ready to get out again now I am more familiar with the bike. I have been speaking to the team and they have had the bike back on the dyno this week so we are all set for the next test.

"Since the first test in Spain I have been pretty all over the place; I flew from Spain to…..Spain at the end of the weekend to have a few days there before we came back to the UK. I was lucky that the guys at Corley Cycles gave me a bike to use. I was trying to get in as much mileage on that as I was on the HM Plant Honda!

"Other than that I have been sorting out things, cycling - which included slip-streaming a truck, I was pretty impressed as I got my legs pedalling and reached a top speed of 51mph! We also got to see some more of our forthcoming arrival when Petra had a 13 week scan and everything is perfect there so everything is going well at the moment."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
18-03-2011, 10:25 PM
Website Find Reply