FABRIZIO SET FOR DONINGTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FABRIZIO SET FOR DONINGTON
[Image: alstarehdr.jpg]

Team Suzuki Alstare's Michel Fabrizio is looking forward to this weekend's World Superbike Championship second round at Donington Park in England, as last time he raced at the circuit in 2009, he finished on the podium.

The 4.023 kilometre circuit has been slightly revamped since 2009, but remains essentially a flowing circuit, with a few stop-start sections that require heavy braking. The circuit was the scene of the first ever WSBK race in April 1988 and 34 races have taken place at this popular venue so far.

Michel Fabrizio:

"The last time we raced at Donington, I finished with a podium in race two, so my memories of it are pretty good. I understand that the track has been modified a bit since then, so we will all be starting off learning about the changes and what effects they have on getting a good set-up. Most of the track is pretty flowing, but there are couple of places where you have to be really hard on the brakes and that is why a good set-up and well-balanced bike is vital.

"A lot of people seemed to be unduly concerned about how the weather may be at this time of the year, but the last race in Australia wasn't as good as we all expected, so Donington might be OK. Whatever the weather is, it will be the same for everybody and if it happens to be cold and wet, then that's how it's going be and I and the others just have to get on with it. On the other hand, it may turn out to be a fine, Spring day and everybody will be happy - especially the fans.

"British fans are always very enthusiastic about their racing and I hope that the weather is OK and we get a good crowd. I am feeling very positive about Donington and will be aiming for a good practice, qualifying and Superpole and then another great Donington podium."

2010:No race

2009:

Race 1: Ben Spies (USA-Yamaha), 2 Max Biaggi (ITA-Aprilia), 3 Noriyuki Haga (JPN-Ducati). 12 Michel Fabrizio (ITA-Ducati).

Race 2: 1 Spies, 2 Leon Haslam (GBR-Honda), 3 Michel Fabrizio (ITA-Ducati).
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
22-03-2011, 12:33 PM
Website Find Reply