Tunstall: Test crash won’t ruin Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Tunstall: Test crash won’t ruin Brands Hatch
[Image: tunstallhdr.jpg]

Doodson Motorsport's Tom Tunstall is aiming to put his crash in pre-season testing behind him and get back out on track again prior to the opening round at Brands Hatch on Easter weekend (22-25 April).

Tunstall suffered a high-side on the second day of testing at Cartagena which caused tendon and muscle damage to his foot, which ended his Spanish session early and subsequently cancelled a further test at Valencia . However, an upbeat Tunstall is now focused on getting his pre-season preparations back on track ahead of the Easter opener.

Tunstall said:

"It has been a busy time for me as we have so much that we need to get ready for the start of the season. Testing obviously didn't end the way we wanted it to with the crash, but I have been fortunate that I have only had to recover from tendon and muscle damage rather than anything more serious. I have been able to carry on training, but obviously taking it easier and I don't think that it will really slow us down much when we get to the first round at Brands Hatch. We have some further testing planned in the UK as we still have some development work to do with the bike before the racing starts.

"Testing was going well before the crash, we had the initial shakedown day and on the second day I was only a few tenths off the best time from last season so it was encouraging. I just got caught out and paid the price, but when we looked at the data afterwards there wasn't much difference to the previous lap and it happened too fast to save it. I was just pushing a bit hard too early, but that's the racer in you I suppose! We now have to get everything ready for the next test and we are hoping to get back out in the next few weeks."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Website Find Reply