Muresan looks forward to Assen
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Muresan looks forward to Assen
[Image: ptrhdr.jpg]

PTR Romania Honda racer Robert Muresan is setting his sights on the third round of the World Supersport Championship at Assen on 17th April after being forced to miss the Donington Park race when his bike was destroyed in a high-speed crash during morning warm-up.

Robert was running in the top 15 in warm-up when he lost the front of the bike at more than 100-mph at Craner Curves. He slid safely to a halt and is uninjured but his bike dug into the ground and then barrel-rolled several times, writing off the bike in the process. With a one-bike rule in World Supersport in 2011 that left the team no chance to rebuild the bike in time for the race.

Robert:

"I was enjoying warm-up and my lap times were good and getting better. I was caught in some traffic so I backed off to let them get away and the left side of the tyre cooled, then when I went fast again it simply washed away from me. A lot of riders have crashed at the same place in all classes here this weekend, the temperature is cold and the left side of the tyre is always hard to keep warm. I am disappointed, it is a costly mistake that means I cannot race but I am already looking forward to Assen and getting back on my bike. I have learnt a lot this weekend with the team and about the bike, so for sure at Assen I will be in better shape and will be looking to challenge in the top 10 straight away."

Simon Buckmaster, PTR Romania Team Manager:

"We are very disappointed that Robert cannot race at Donington but the fact is his crash was huge and there was not enough time to rebuild his bike in time for the race. On a positive note he has shown real talent and speed during his short time with the team and we have learnt a lot more about each other. He will be back at Assen and will be stronger for this experience."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
27-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Website Find Reply