Davy Morgan Racing Continues Support of Action Cancer
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Davy Morgan Racing Continues Support of Action Cancer
[Image: davymorganlogo.jpg]

In 2009 the Davy Morgan #71 Road Racing Supporters Club was set-up to raise funds to help Davy with his road race budget. One of the club members suggested that we should also look to support a charity as well and with Davy’s famous Pink Helmet the link was made with “Action Cancer” and their “Breast Cancer Awareness” campaign. The club proceeded to design a metal pin badge based on Davy’s Helmet with the Action Cancer Pink Ribbon on it. These were sold at race meetings throughout Ireland and the Isle of Man and we were blown away by the response. At the end of that year we were able to present Action Cancer with £5000 and a further £2400 pounds to Breast Cancer Charities in the Isle of Man and Southern Ireland.

For the 2010 season the club decided to continue Davy’s association with Action Cancer, but this time it was their "Get a Grip !" campaign, which supports men’s prostate cancer. The Pin Badge for 2010 again featured Davy's famous Pink Helmet, but this time it carried a blue ribbon and the "Get a Grip!" logo. It was not as successful as the first year, but it was not expected to be as a number of other riders used the same idea to raise money for their chosen charity. The club did however, thanks to the generosity of the road racing fraternity, raise more money for Action Cancer and a cheque for £1500 was presented at the Davy Morgan Golf Day sponsored by Belfast Honda at Knock Golf Club on the 25th March 2011.

Our thanks goes to all those kind people who sold and more importantly bought our pin-badge’s in 2009 & 2010 and not only supported Davy, but also this very important and life changing cause. In 2011 Davy will continue to carry the “Action Cancer Logo’s" on his Helmet, Leathers and Race bikes, to help promote the charity. The club will continue to sell the remainder of both badges at £3 each or £5 for the pair in the hope that once again the racing fraternity and beyond will show their generosity and help to support Action Cancer and their "Breast Cancer Awareness" and/or "Get a Grip !" campaign.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
29-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Website Find Reply