Motorpoint Yamaha set for Scottish test
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Motorpoint Yamaha set for Scottish test
[Image: motorpointhdr.jpg]

Loris Baz and James Westmoreland are back on track tomorrow at Knockhill as the Motorpoint Yamaha team continue their final preparations for the opening round of the season which kicks off at Brands Hatch in just three weeks' time (22-25 April).

Baz and Westmoreland completed a positive test at Cadwell Park at the end of last week and now the team head north of the border for a further three days on circuit to continue fine tuning the Motorpoint Yamaha.

Baz said:

"It is great we can get back on the bike after last week test and it is another new track for me so I love it. The UK circuits are really fun to learn and it looks like we may have some normal English weather at this test! I don't care as I just want to ride; James has good history around Knockhill, so I will be chasing him to try and learn the track."

Westmorland said:

"I can't wait to get back on my bike; it does seem a bit weird everything starting so late this year but the extra time on track will definitely benefit us. I had a great test last week at Cadwell so I am really motivated to continue learning the Superbike. Knockhill should be good fun, I like the track and how physical it is. The whole team is working well and hopefully another good test under our belt will keep the momentum going in the right direction"

[Image: motorpointduo1.jpg]

Team Manager Rob McElnea concluded:

"I'm not sure if we are going to be as lucky as 'Tropical Cadwell' was last week but we head north of the border whatever the weather! Knockhill is our second test circuit, and like Cadwell Park is one of the most demanding and fairly technical, so it will give both James and Loris a good mental and physical work out. We have three days on track giving Loris plenty of time to work out the last of his new tracks to learn, as the new layout at Snetterton means it is different for everyone, and great time on the bike for both of them.

"Historically Knockhill has been one of our best circuits for testing, even early in the year you can be lucky with the circuit's own weather climate and really get some quality time on track. James enjoys Knockhill and holds both 125 and Supersport lap records so his knowledge of the circuit will be crucial for Loris to pick his brains. So far both the guys are getting on well, their respective sides of the garage are working out how they work and what they need, and with every test they are getting tighter as a team. We really have a good spirit in the camp; if we can keep this positive feeling all the way to Brands Hatch we will be more than ready to start the battle!"
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
31-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Website Find Reply