Motorpoint Yamaha team preparations continue at Knockhill
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Motorpoint Yamaha team preparations continue at Knockhill
[Image: motorpointhdr.jpg]

The Motorpoint Yamaha team continued their preparations for the start of the British Superbike season with two days worth of testing at Knockhill last week.

Loris Baz, 18 and James Westmoreland, 22, headed north of the border to the iconic Scottish track to spend more time fine tuning their 210 bhp Superbikes ahead of the season curtain raiser at Brands Hatch on April 25.

And, the riders didn’t let the wet conditions put them off recording impressive lap times, particularly James, who currently holds the 125 and Supersport lap records at the circuit.

Says Loris Baz:

“I am very happy with the way our build up is going. I have now had some valuable track time at two of the tracks I have never seen so that was great. The team and I are getting to know what we need and I am getting on well with James, he knows the tracks pretty well so sharing data has been great. We now have one week off before we go to the new Snetterton with all the other teams.”

Adds James Westmorland:

“Another really good test under our belts. I was worried about both Cadwell and Knockhill on the Superbike but I needn’t have, the bike is working great and we are tweaking as we go with new parts and more information from my style. Every time I ride I learn more and I am gathering more confidence with every lap!”

Says Rob Mac, Team Manager:

“The guy’s are doing a great job. The whole team is working really well, the testing could not have gone better, we have now got valuable track info for both riders specially Loris who has had to learn them from brand new. We are getting closer to the start of the season and so far we are doing every thing right. Let’s hope we can keep the confidence on a high all the way to Brands Hatch.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
05-04-2011, 02:41 PM
Website Find Reply