MSS on lap record pace in final BSB tests
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MSS on lap record pace in final BSB tests
[Image: msskawasakigif.jpg]

New Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Bang On Pace As MSS Colchester Kawasaki Quartet Star In Final Tests

MSS Colchester Kawasaki today completed their final two British Superbike tests with all four riders in fantastic form and raving about their new Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R machines!

Superbike riders Gary Mason and Stuart Easton put in front running laptimes and completed full race durations with the bike running full BSB ‘spec’ engines for the first time. Superstock duo Danny Buchan and Howie Mainwaring beat the existing lap records at each event they attended, proving the awesome pace of the new machine in almost stock form.

The squad were blessed with two dry days of full testing at Brands Hatch and Snetterton to bookend an extensive pre-season test programme taking in Guadix, Portimao, Cartagena and Cadwell Park.

Danny beat the Superstock lap record for Cadwell Park at an MRO race over the weekend whilst Howie did likewise at Brands Hatch with an unofficial 46.5 second time around the short Indy circuit.

[Image: mssbrandstest1.jpg]

Team owner Nick Morgan said,

“It’s been a fantastic couple of days at Brands and Cadwell with all four riders in the form of their lives. The timing is spot-on as all the components and team have come together at this last test so we can go into Brands with real confidence in the set-up and riders. I’m not one to make bold predictions as they usually come back to haunt you but it does feel like that this could be our time and to have four riders all showing such speed is brilliant. For this bike to be in such form so early in its development in both Superbike and Superstock guise really tells you something about its standard geometry and engine straight from the crate.”

Stuart Easton said,

“I’m really happy going into Brands after such a lengthy test schedule and trying so many settings with the bike. We are in good shape for round one but there’s still so much more to come from the engine and chassis. It’s been good to go head to head with everyone else at Snetterton and I feel we’re in the right area with settings for there also.”

Gary Mason added,

“I’m really happy with all testing so far. Spain was great, first time getting to ride the new ZX10R and since then the last two tests we've had the new superbike engine which gave it more power and it was working the electronics and suspension more. Literally every lap we improved! I can't wait for Brands as that's when all the hard work matters.”

Howie Mainwaring,

“What a mega two days, we’re still learning and trying different things yet getting quicker with every change, it’s been incredible. We’ve been improving by over a second at every track so far over last year. I’m also enjoying having a team-mate pushing me which might sound weird but it’s really good for me and great motivation. It also feels like the team has taken another step forward.”

Danny Buchan,

“Feeling really good on the new ZX10R, its an awesome bike! It suits my riding style down to the ground. We had a really positive winter and now we’re ready to put all in place at Brands. Knowing we did our fastest time on old rubber 30 laps into the tyre today gave me a good feeling also. So we’re now ready and fit for the season!”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Website Find Reply