Season best ninth for Miguel
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Season best ninth for Miguel
[Image: parkalgarhdr.jpg]

PARKALGAR HONDA'S Miguel Praia scored a season best ninth place finish at the third round of the World Supersport Championship at Assen in Holland.

Sam Lowes had been fighting for the lead of the race on his Parkalgar Honda when he suffered a nasty high side that caused the first of two red flags during the race. Sam suffered concussion and a broken collarbone in the accident and was taken to hospital.

The next round of the World Supersport Championship is at Monza in Italy on May 8th.

Miguel:

"That was a hard race and I am pleased to have finished ninth. It is never easy to keep concentration when there are three starts. This is my best result of the season and for me it has been a positive weekend as we have made set-up improvements on my Parkalgar Honda. I am looking forward to Monza and starting that race with what we have found here, I want to keep this positive momentum and improving."

Simon Buckmaster, Parkalgar Honda Team Manager:

"Miguel kept his composure and brought his Parkalgar Honda home for a good ninth place. He is building his pace and getting more comfortable with every event and we look forward to seeing what he can achieve at Monza.

"Sam high sided while going for the race lead and has broken his collarbone and suffered concussion. We will be doing all we can with him to make sure he recovers quickly and fully; we expect him to be racing at Monza. He again showed his undoubted talent and his day will come."

Race Result

1. Chaz Davies GBR ParkinGO Yamaha YZF-R6 26mins 37.029secs
2. Fabien Foret FRA Ten Kate Honda CBR600RR +7.236
3. Broc Parkes AUS Kawasaki Motocard.com ZX-6R +8.084s
4. Robbin Harms DEN Harms Benjan Honda CBR600RR +8.191s
5. David Salom ESP Kawasaki Motocard.com ZX-6R +9.122s
6. Massimo Roccoli ITA Lorenzini Kawasaki ZX-6R +9.222s
7. James Ellison GBR Bogdanka PTR Honda CBR600RR +14.616s
8. Roberto Tamburini ITA Bike Service Yamaha YZF-R6 +14.658s
9. Miguel Praia POR Parkalgar Honda CBR600RR +32.623s
10. Vladimir Ivanov UKR Step Racing Honda CBR600RR +40.668s

Championship positions after three of 12 races

1. Scassa 50
2. Parkes 47
3. Davies 45
4. Harms 37
5. Salom 34
6. Foret 20
7. Roccoli 19
8. Ellison 19
9. Marino 17
10. Rea 16
11. Lowes Parkalgar Honda 16
15. Praia Parkalgar Honda 12

Praia classified eighth after Tamburini disqualification

PARKALGAR HONDA'S Miguel Praia has been moved from ninth to eighth in the World Supersport race result for Assen after Yamaha's Roberto Tamburini was disqualified for an underweight bike.

It means that Miguel moves from 15th to 13th in the Championship on 13-points.
(This post was last modified: 17-04-2011, 09:05 PM by Malcolm.)
17-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Website Find Reply