SEELEY SET FOR BRANDS HATCH DEBUT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SEELEY SET FOR BRANDS HATCH DEBUT
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

Alastair Seeley will debut Suzuki's all-new GSX-R600 at the opening round of the British Supersport Championship on Easter Monday.

The new middleweight machine, voted 'King of the 600 class' by former 500c Grand Prix race winner Simon Crafar in a recent MCN test, has been completely re-vamped, using advanced component design techniques derived from MotoGP. This detailed work has produced a GSX-R600 which is an astonishing 9kg lighter than its predecessor.

Ulsterman Seeley clicked instantly with the new machine during his debut ride at Cartagena in Spain, and after additional tests in the UK, the former British Superstock champion and 2010 BSB race winner is confident of pushing the Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing GSX-R600 to the front of the Supersport class this season.

[Image: aseeleybrands1.jpg]

Alastair Seeley:

"The bike felt good straight away. The motor was so much stronger and the brakes were probably the one thing I noticed more than anything over the 600 I rode at last year's NW200. We have made progress since that first test in Spain and I believe we now have a decent set-up going into the first round at Brands Hatch. It's a bike I felt at one with straight away and having won races in British championship on GSX-R machinery at Superstock and Superbike level, I will be looking to add top steps to my CV on the all-new GSX-R600."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"We decided pretty early on to participate in the 2011 British Supersport Championship with the new GSX-R600, so you can imagine how pleased we were when we discovered how good the bike was straight out of the crate. We were equally pleased to see the bike's new lighter weight transfer from road machine to race trim. There are still a few steps left to develop the bike to its full potential, but it is already an impressive package and more than ready to race.

"As a team, we are looking forward to returning to the class we all but dominated in 2007, as at the end of the day, it is where we started off in British championship racing. It's already been well documented why we chose Alastair Seeley to ride the bike, and with his raw speed and diminutive stature we are very confident he can rack up race wins on the new GSX-R600."

The opening round of the British Supersport Championship takes place this weekend - April 22-25 - at Brands Hatch in Kent
19-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Website Find Reply