TINMOUTH DEBUT PUT ON HOLD
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TINMOUTH DEBUT PUT ON HOLD
[Image: splitlathhdr.jpg]

SPLITLATH Motorsport’s Jenny Tinmouth has had to put her MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship debut on hold after a parts issue at Brands Hatch.

The team will now concentrate on getting the Ellesmere Port rider’s Aprilia RSV4 machine ready for her home round at Oulton Park next weekend.

Tinmouth was set to make history on Easter Monday when she became the first female to ever line up on the BSB grid, and it is with much disappointment that the team have been forced to withdraw her from this meeting.

The drama follows a hectic week leading up to this weekend’s opening round of the leading domestic championship. On Friday’s first test session for the team, Tinmouth’s number 100 machine suffered a technical problem, and the team decided the best thing to was withdraw the bike from this round and concentrate on next weekend’s race instead. Team-mate Hudson Kennaugh will still race this weekend.

[Image: jennytsplitlath1.jpg]

Team Manager John Dimbylow said:

“We are all very disappointed to be in this situation today, especially since so much hard work has gone in from the team and Aprilia Racing.

“But we feel the best thing to do here is to concentrate on next weekend instead.

Oulton Park is her home round, so it could be quite fitting that she makes her BSB debut there.

“It’s a shame and bitterly disappointing for everyone involved, but we need to stay positive and look ahead to next week instead.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 23-04-2011, 03:56 PM by Malcolm.)
23-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Website Find Reply