Hill close to lap record pace in second practice
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill close to lap record pace in second practice
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Swan Yamaha's Tommy Hill was running close to lap record pace as he topped the second free practice session of the weekend at Brands Hatch after edging out his team-mate Michael Laverty by just 0.008 seconds.

Hill said: "The Swan Yamaha is feeling good, but we know we can still do more. We did as many laps as we could as I have done less mileage than some of the other guys when I missed the test. We are feeling happy and hopefully we can continue that tomorrow for qualifying."

Ryuichi Kiyonari held the top spot for the majority of the session; he was the first rider to lap in the 45s barrier but it wasn't long until his team-mate Shane 'Shakey' Byrne had closed in as the HM Plant Hondas lay first and second for the opening ten minutes of second free practice.

Kiyonari then picked up the pace and continued to improve his lap time, leading until there were less than ten minutes remaining when local ace Hill stole the advantage as he set the fastest time of the weekend. Kiyonari was then back to second and looking like he was going to close on Hill, but he was knocked down to third in the final three minutes as Laverty made it a Swan Yamaha top two.

Byrne maintained fourth towards the closing stages as John Hopkins moved back up the order in the closing minutes to finish fifth fastest for the Samsung Crescent Racing team, whilst Dan Linfoot maintained his top ten spot in sixth.

Stuart Easton was seventh fastest on the leading MSS Colchester Kawasaki, edging out Loris Baz who put the Motorpoint Yamaha in the top ten for the first time this weekend with Gary Mason and Josh Brookes rounding out the top ten.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch, free practice two result:

Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha) 45.499s
Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) +0.008s
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.032s
Shane Byrne (HM Plant Honda) +0.037s
John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing) +0.229s
Dan Linfoot (Sorrymate.com Honda) +0.295s
Stuart Easton (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.418s
Loris Baz (Motorpoint Yamaha) +0.425s
Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.425s
Josh Brookes (Relentless Suzuki by Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.500s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Website Find Reply