Hill storms to race two win at Brands Hatch
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill storms to race two win at Brands Hatch
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Swan Yamaha scored the second race win of the weekend at Brands Hatch this afternoon as Tommy Hill secured victory at his home round after holding off the challenges from the HM Plant Hondas of Ryuichi Kiyonari and Shane 'Shakey' Byrne.

There was drama for the Samsung Crescent Racing team before the race got underway as Jon Kirkham was forced to retire at the end of the warm up lap and when the race got underway Byrne once again took the lead on the opening lap into Paddock Hill Bend from Hill, Laverty and Kiyonari.

There was further disappointment for James Westmoreland on his debut with the Motorpoint Yamaha team when he crashed out for the second time today on the eighth lap when he fell at Druids.

[Image: thillbrands.jpg]

Byrne held the lead until the fourteenth lap when Hill made an impressive move at Graham Hill Bend to hit the front of the field and held on to maintain his advantage; taking the win and also the championship lead.

Kiyonari was able to move to second place when Byrne went wide at Paddock Hill Bend on the penultimate lap after trying to make a move on Hill in an attempt to make it a winning double on his return. Kiyonari was defending hard and was able to fend off his team-mate to return to the podium. Laverty took an impressive fourth place after his huge crash in the first race ahead of John Hopkins who had been embroiled in a battle with Stuart Easton for fifth place.

In the Mirror.co.uk BSB Evo race Glen Richards took a second victory of the day from team-mate Alex Lowes.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Brands Hatch, race two result:

Tommy Hill (Swan Yamaha)
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.142s
Shane Byrne (HM Plant Honda) +0.598s
Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) +4.463s
John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing) +10.089s
Stuart Easton (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +11.984s
Michael Rutter (Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati) +13.048s
Dan Linfoot (Sorrymate.com Honda) +13.897s
Peter Hickman (Tyco Honda) +18.431s
Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +18.473s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
25-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Website Find Reply