Seeley steals the win
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley steals the win
[Image: bsbsupersportlogo.jpg]

Silkolene British Supersport Championship after a determined, hard-charging ride that finally took his Relentless Suzuki ahead of Ben Wilson who had worked frantically to defend his position.

Seeley was in front with four laps to go but it was a fraught battle as Jack Kennedy joined the scrap. Kennedy was hungry closing right in but then former champion Steve Plater joined the battle, easing his way ahead of both Wilson and then Dean Hipwell, to be up to third with two laps to go.

It was fast and frantic as the leading trio slugged it out over two high speed miles with Seeley holding onto take the victory and reflecting: "It is good having two races in the weekend. It is a big class and I am really enjoying it and I have to thank the team for their efforts yesterday and hopefully we can win again at Oulton Park."

Kennedy crossed the line aboard his Colin Appleyard/Macadam Yamaha just 0.058s adrift ahead of third placed Plater. Wilson who won the first race yesterday, had to settle for fourth on the Gearlink Kawasaki, but took some consolation as he leads the title stakes by two points over Kennedy.

John Simpson took the victory in the Supersport Cup, finishing ahead of Ben Padgett and Sam Hornsey.

[Image: seeleybrands1.jpg]

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship, Brands Hatch, race two:

1. Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki)
2. Jack Kennedy (Colin Appleyard/Macadam Yamaha) +0.058s
3. Steve Plater (Padgetts Honda) +0.357s
4. Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) +0.093s
5. Dean Hipwell (Bladen Electrical Yamaha) +0.957s

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship standings after Brands Hatch:

1. Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) 38
2. Jack Kennedy (Colin Appleyard/Macadam Yamaha) 36
3. Steve Plater (Padgetts Honda) 27
4. Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki) 25
5. Lee Johnston (East Coast Racing Honda) 23
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
26-04-2011, 09:17 AM
Website Find Reply