Rob Mac - A weekend full of promise
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rob Mac - A weekend full of promise
[Image: robmacracinghdr.jpg]

The Brands Hatch pressure pot took its toll on the Motorpoint Yamaha team this weekend. After an amazing qualifying performance race day drama’s dampened the enthusiasm of the team.

The results did not tell the full story of the weekend but what it did was give the team a vision of what lies ahead! With spectacular crashes and lap record race pace the intense pressure at Brands tested even the most experienced of rider not to mention an 18 year old and a Superbike rookie!

Loris Baz saw a podium position slip away when the pace car slowed the race pace down in the first leg, after race leader Michael Laverty crashed Loris found himself on the back wheel of Shane Byrne and in a podium position, 3 laps cruising behind the car and having time to think about the reality of his first race in BSB made him nervous and with the pack reformed and within 1 sec he came out worse of a scrap to the finish and had to settle for 7thposition.

A rear tyre problem in the second race ruined his chance of making amends, Loris left Brands frustrated with the end result but with many positives to take to Oulton Park next week.

James Westmoreland had a very tense weekend; his first race on a Superbike at the very scary Brands Hatch Indy circuit was a baptism on fire. James uncharacteristically crashed out of both races. Luckily the team only has four day days before they are back on track at Oulton Park, a track where James holds the Supersport lap record and will feel more relaxed.

Loris Baz Motorpoint Yamaha 7th race 1 13th race 2

“Aaah that was a frustrating weekend! I really froze up when the pace car came out and made a mess of the race, I am sorry to the team for this we could have had a great start, the second race the tyre moved on the wheel and was nearly impossible to ride. I am pretty angry about race day but I know we have the pace and want to get to Oulton fast to make me feel better!”

James Westmoreland Motorpoint Yamaha race 1 dnf race 2 dnf

“Shell shocked! I think I let the occasion get to me a too much, I rode the qualifying well and was ready for race day and I think wanted it too much! Making silly mistakes around here you are punished pretty hard, Brands Indy is intense thankfully we are back on track in four days at Oulton so I can get back into it”

Rob Mac team manger

“We’ve bumped back to Earth! That was a tough one on everyone, Westy’s first race in the Superbike class gave him a shock and Loris missed out on any luck. The short 45 second lap takes no prisoners and you really have to ride at 110%, I knew it would be tough and I knew it was not the best place for these two young guys to start their year. It’s over now and what we have seen is the incredible pace they both have and the level of our bike, we need to dust ourselves down get our heads up and move onto Oulton, this is a long year and we have two young guys who are going to learn a lot very fast!”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
27-04-2011, 11:06 AM
Website Find Reply