Rutter set for 350th race start at Oulton Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rutter set for 350th race start at Oulton Park
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

The Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati team returned to action last weekend at Brands Hatch for the opening round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship and now there is just days before the second round gets underway on May Bank Holiday weekend at Oulton Park where Michael Rutter will make his 350th race start.

Rutter and Martin Jessopp returned to Brands Hatch following a recent test on the Indy circuit with both riders determined to score consistently as they continue to develop the Ducati 1198. Rutter took two top eight finishes scoring a sixth and seventh place whilst Jessopp took ninth place, before a more challenging race two when he finished 15th.

[Image: rutterhead.jpg]

Rutter said:

"It was great to finally be back racing again after the winter and to be honest the results were as we expected them to be. We knew it wasn't going to be an easy opening round as we have still be working on the new electronics, but we are learning more all the time. We are definitely looking forward to Oulton Park now, as that track should suit the Ducati better than Brands Hatch Indy. We have some new suspension parts due for the next round and hopefully we can get up there and have a stronger finish in my 350th BSB race start!"

Jessopp said:

"I think the weekend went well and I was happy to score eight points after two tough races. If someone would have offered me that before the weekend I would have taken it, as my leg is still not one hundred percent yet and I had two terrible starts! I then had to just do my best to fight my way through in both races, but the times are so close it was never going to be easy. We are looking forward to Oulton Park as that is a track that has suited the Ducatis before; I just need to get a better qualifying and get my starts sorted then we will be up there."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
28-04-2011, 06:50 PM
Website Find Reply