SPLITLATH READY FOR TINMOUTH BSB DEBUT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SPLITLATH READY FOR TINMOUTH BSB DEBUT
[Image: splitlathhdr.jpg]

Jenny Tinmouth will make her MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship debut at her home track this weekend onboard the Splitlath Motorsport Aprilia RSV4. Jenny will take to the track for her first race in the world’s leading domestic series at Oulton Park on Bank Holiday Monday.

And the team will be looking to build on the first steps taken at Brands Hatch last weekend, when Tinmouth’s team-mate Hudson Kennaugh had his first taste of his new Superbike-spec machine.

The team have been working around the clock since Tuesday in a bid to get Jenny’s bike ready for her local race, and the Ellesmere Port rider says she is raring to go.

“I am very excited, I just can’t wait to get out there and race,” she said. “In many ways it is great that I am making my debut at my local track because I know it well and I’ve got lots of my family and friends coming up for the event.

“I know the team have been working particularly hard this week to get the bike ready and I’m looking forward to seeing what we can do. Most of all, I want to have fun and enjoy my first ride in the British Superbike Championship.”

Hudson Kennaugh meanwhile, is looking for improvements this weekend. “Things can only get better!” he said. “The thing with BSB this year is that everyone has stepped up their game, so we have a lot of work to do.

“Last weekend was mainly a shakedown for us, and we were always going to be at a disadvantage to our rivals who have had their bikes for a while. Add to that just three days turnaround time and we really have had our work cut out. But onwards and upwards, we’ll be looking for more positive steps at Oulton Park.”

Team Owner John Dimbylow added:

“It’s Jenny’s first race and her home race, so we’re all looking forward to getting her out there on the track. We’ve had a hectic three days but have worked long and hard to get the bikes ready.

“At the moment there is rain forecast over the weekend so this could shake things up a bit, but we are confident that we can make some solid progress at Oulton Park.”

Round Two of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship kicks-off with free practice on Saturday, qualifying on Sunday and two races on Bank Holiday Monday.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
28-04-2011, 10:27 PM
Website Find Reply