Seeley steals pole position in dying seconds
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Seeley steals pole position in dying seconds
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Alastair Seeley stole the pole position for this afternoon's Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship race after the Relentless Suzuki rider stole the pole position from championship leader Ben Wilson in the final minute.

Jimmy Hill led the early stage of the session until the frantic final ten minutes as Wilson looked set to claim the position back, however Seeley was not settling for any less than the pole position and powered ahead in the closing seconds.

Seeley said:

"It is fantastic to be on pole position for the race this afternoon and all credit to the Relentless Suzuki boys as we made some changes to the gearing and it paid off. The bike feels awesome and we haven't had any issues so we just need a game plan for the races and then hopefully we can stay ahead of Ben and bring home some good points."

Jack Kennedy completes the front row for this afternoon's race in fourth with Paul Young rounding out the top five for the Oxford TAG Triumph team.

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship, Oulton Park, qualifying result:

Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 1m:39.127s
Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) +0.015s
Jimmy Hill (MAP Triumph) +0.031s
Jack Kennedy (Colin Appleyard/Macadam Racing) +0.158s
Paul Young (Oxford TAG Triumph) +0.198s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 01-05-2011, 05:18 PM by Malcolm.)
01-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Website Find Reply