Hopkins leads red flagged warm up
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hopkins leads red flagged warm up
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Samsung Crescent Racing's John Hopkins set the pace in morning warm up in the final seconds of the session at Oulton Park whilst Tommy Hill and Loris Baz crashed out in the early stages.

In the opening minutes of the session Shane 'Shakey' Byrne set the early pace on the HM Plant Honda ahead of Gary Mason and Dan Linfoot, before the MSS Colchester Kawasaki of Mason then took the place at the top.

Just a minute later the session was red flagged when both Loris Baz and Tommy Hill crashed between Brittens and Hilltop as the Motorpoint Yamaha rider fell with the pole-sitter then following with neither rider able to complete warm up. Both riders were able to walk away from the crash but Hill is currently been assessed by the BSB medical team and an update will follow. At the point the session was stopped Mason still led from Jon Kirkham, Byrne and Chris Walker.

The session was then resumed after a brief delay and Mason remained at the top of the times until Byrne then went fastest with a minute left to run, but then Hopkins put his name to the top for the first time this season to end the session fastest. Byrne remained second whilst Alex Lowes was third after an impressive performance on the Mirror.co.uk BSB Evo WFR Honda with Mason in fourth.

Michael Laverty on the lone Swan Yamaha was fifth fastest after moving up the order in the final stages ahead of Stuart Easton and Kirkham with Michael Rutter in eighth. Josh Brookes and Ryuichi Kiyonari had a challenging session in 17th and 18th respectively.

Shortly after the session concluded it has been confirmed that Tommy Hill will take no further part this weekend due to the shoulder injury he sustained.

The MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Oulton Park, warm up result:

John Hopkins (Samsung Crescent Racing) 1m:36.299s
Shane Byrne (HM Plant Honda) +0.269s
Alex Lowes (WFR Honda) +0.612s
Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.616s
Michael Laverty (Swan Yamaha) +0.624s
Stuart Easton (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +0.688s
Jon Kirkham (Samsung Crescent Racing) +0.739s
Michael Rutter (Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati) +1.209s
Chris Walker (Pr1mo Racing Kawasaki) +1.391s
Peter Hickman (Tyco Honda) +1.442s

The opening BSB race of the day gets underway at 13:00.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
02-05-2011, 10:48 AM
Website Find Reply