SPLITLATH MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SPLITLATH MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION
[Image: splitlathhdr.jpg]

SPLITLATH Motorsport feel they are moving in the right direction after the second round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Oulton Park.

Rider Hudson Kennaugh narrowly missed out on a top 20 finish after his Aprilia RSV4 machine ran out of fuel in the final lap of the first race, and he was forced to retire from the second with a technical issue.

But the team are confident they are improving every time they take to the track, and hopes are high that they can score some solid results at Croft in two weeks time.

[Image: kennaughoulton1.jpg]

“We’ve made some great progress here this weekend, that first race was going really well for us, we were just unlucky that we ran out of fuel in the final lap,” said Kennaugh.

“It’s definitely clear after this weekend that we are heading in the right direction. Yesterday I said we were getting there, and today I think we are even closer.

“We had a little problem in the last race and I decided it was better to pull in than risk further damage to the bike. I’m leaving Oulton a lot happier with our development, and the team have done a good job this weekend. They’ve worked hard and it’s very clear to see.”

[Image: jennytoulton1.jpg]

Unfortunately Jenny Tinmouth did not make the grid for today’s two races after her fastest lap wasn’t enough to secure a place in the race. However, the Ellesmere Port rider had only had the chance to get a handful of laps on her new machine before qualifying, and the problem was simply not enough track time.

She will now head to Anglesey next weekend to take part in a round of the Thundersport GB Championship to give her three days of valuable track time on the bike.

Team Manager John Dimbylow praised his team for a solid weekend of hard work. “The guys in this team are amazing and are giving 100%, and we have seen a definite improvement this weekend,” he said.

“We have to remember we are a new team, and we’re learning a little bit more each time we go out, but we’re built of solid stuff. We’ll brush ourselves down and we will come back out fighting.

“Hudson did a grand job out there today and I think once we get Jenny on the bike next weekend and give her some much-needed track time, that she’ll be in a much better position for Croft.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
03-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Website Find Reply