Thundersprint ready for action
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Thundersprint ready for action
[Image: thundersprinthdr.jpg]

The world’s only “Grand Prix in a Car Park” returns to Northwich this weekend for Thundersprint 2011, a unique mix of classic and modern motorcycle sprint racing.

Thundersprint 2011's all-star cast is headed by Britain’s three leading GP riders – Cal Crutchlow, Danny Webb and Scott Redding. Classic superstars are represented by six-times world champion Jim Redman, riding a Honda CR750, and European champion Sammy Miller aboard the legendary “Mike Hailwood” Honda RC181 500cc four-cylinder.

[Image: jimredmanthundersprint.jpg]
Jim Redman

But this weekend's show is just as much a giant festival for the whole family. The weekend begins outside Northwich Memorial Hall with a display of more than 125 classic, race and custom bikes, plus title-sponsor Bennetts’s infamous bucking bike to test riders’ skills.

Later on, television commentator Steve Parrish hosts a GP evening with the stars, telling the stories he’s not allowed to say on screen!

On Sunday, the circus moves to the other side of town for the Thundersprint itself. In addition to the racing, there are stalls, street entertainment and an aerobatic display by an RAF Spitfire – plus the cavalcade of more than 220 race bikes through the streets of Northwich at lunchtime.

Practice starts at 8.40am and the show runs continuously until 5pm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 05-05-2011, 03:41 PM by Malcolm.)
05-05-2011, 03:39 PM
Website Find Reply