Missed opportunity for the Motorpoint Yamaha Team
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Missed opportunity for the Motorpoint Yamaha Team
[Image: robmacracinghdr.jpg]

A front row start for Loris Baz did not pay the dividends he expected with and 8th place finish in race one, a bad start meant he missed the tow of the fast group and had to battle hard to regain places.

The Oulton Park circuit is renowned for its physical needs and Loris as well as six of the top riders were all suffering with ‘arm pump’ after the first race and needed treatment between races.

James Westmoreland managed two race finishes which he desperately needed after Brands Hatch and is now getting to understand a Superbike in the full race situation.

Loris Baz Motorpoint Yamaha 8th Race 1 9th race 2

“I made a mess of my start and struggled to get through the other riders, I really believe I can run with the front riders but have to start with them! I am not experienced enough to catch them but if I go with them I can hang on. My arm pumped up and gave me many problems, the race was much more demanding than we thought and we have definitely learned a lot for the future. Two races finishes in the top ten is not what I hoped for specially after the front row start but I will take what I learned and move onto Croft in two weeks”

[Image: lorisbaz3.jpg]

James Westmoreland Motorpoint Yamaha 13th race 1 15th race 2

“At least I have two race finishes under my belt, it is the first time I have done two races in a day and around here on a Superbike it was an eye opener. I have learned so much this weekend, I have good pace and can qualify but need to learn more about the bike and how things change in the races. I feel like I am starting now and will go forward from this”

Rob Mac Team Manger

“We all got a bit excited and rightly so with the great qualifying times both guys put together, but we are here for race day and we did not deliver what we promised. What we did gain was a lot of experience for both the young guys, Loris had arm pump and I know firsthand how horrible that is to try and ride with and Westy needed to finish a race which I am sure made him a bit tight. The learning curve was never going to be easy and I think they are both more equipped for the next races after a weekend like this”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
05-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Website Find Reply