Shakey And Kiyo Aiming High For Croft
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Shakey And Kiyo Aiming High For Croft
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

The HM Plant Honda team head to Croft this weekend for the third round of the British Superbike Championship with Shane 'Shakey' Byrne leading the overall standings and defending champion Ryuichi Kiyonari in third, ahead of the team’s title sponsor’s - HM Plant - home round.

Shakey has only failed to finish on the podium once so far this season but with only an eleven point advantage in the overall standings he is eager to maintain his form following a positive test with the team ahead of the event. Meanwhile Kiyo will be working hard to repeat his winning form from the previous round at Oulton Park.

In the National Superstock 1000 Championship, Jason O’Halloran is eager to make amends for missing out on the podium at Oulton Park and is determined to push for his first victory of the season with the HM Plant Honda team on his Superstock Fireblade.

Kiyo said:

“For me Croft has been a difficult track in the past, although I have won there before. It is a completely different track to Brands Hatch and Oulton Park where we have raced already. It is very bumpy so the setting is going to be critical to be able to win. My HM Plant Honda Fireblade is better than last season already with the work we have done over the winter - we have pushed hard to fight for the wins so I want to be on the podium and winning again at Croft.”

Shakey said:

“I am sure it is going to be a tricky weekend as Croft is one of those circuits that can be difficult to find a good set up. But that said we had another test before Croft to make some further improvements so we can try and get it right from the start when we get out in free practice. I am happy to be leading the championship, but its early days and I still need to be up there every weekend trying to get wins and podium finishes. We only managed a fourth and a third at the last round so we need to build on that and get back winning again.”

Jason said:

“I am looking forward to Croft as I feel that we need to make amends for not finishing on the podium last time out at Oulton Park. The HM Plant Honda team have been making some changes between the rounds so we are where we need to be come next weekend. We need to be back on the podium again and fighting for that win like we were at Brands Hatch so we will try and rectify that for sure.”

Team Manager Havier Beltran concluded:

“Croft is always a key round for the team as this is the local round for our title sponsor HM Plant and we obviously want to put on a good show for them, as always. In the past Croft has produced some mixed results for the team but we hope that this weekend we can come away with some strong results as we continue to improve. In the Superstock class Jason had a solid weekend at Oulton Park, but was disappointed with fifth so he is looking for nothing less than a podium finish on Sunday.”
10-05-2011, 06:26 PM
Website Find Reply