Rutter: Today I was lucky
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rutter: Today I was lucky
[Image: rapidracinghdr.jpg]

Rapid Solicitors-Bathams Ducati's Michael Rutter claimed his first front row start of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship season at Croft this afternoon as he pushed on despite the changing conditions to qualify fourth.

Rutter and the team have continued to work hard with their new electronics system but when it counted the 'Blade' pulled it out of the bag and his one lap dash was enough to secure his best qualifying performance of the season so far. He admits that the team still have some work to do in morning warm up tomorrow, but is determined to capitalise on his front row start.

Rutter said:

"That was a difficult session but it was the same for everyone. It was the luck of the draw and today I was lucky. I am definitely glad to be on the front row as it was very much a one lap dash out there. I bided my time and then just went for a lap once it has dried a bit, then I got my head down and just kept going. In the final half of the lap there were a few small spots of drizzle but I just kept going as I knew it was my only shot at the front row. We have been still playing with traction control and the electronics here so we know we still have some work to do before the race but I am happy enough with how today has ended."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Website Find Reply