Great race day for the Motorpoint Yamaha Team
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Great race day for the Motorpoint Yamaha Team
[Image: robmacracinghdr.jpg]

Loris Baz and James Westmoreland put together two strong race performances in difficult conditions at the Croft race circuit.

Loris was on top form after qualifying 3rd on the grid; he was probably the only rider really relishing the tricky conditions with showery rain falling all day! His positive attitude rebounded around the pit garage and gave the team great inspiration.

Loris Baz Motorpoint Yamaha 4th race 1 5th race 2

“That was great weekend racing and I want to thank all my team, from the first test on Friday we worked very hard and I managed to get in a good rhythm for race day. The weather was a little scary but we make the right tyre choice for race one, better than some other teams. I made a mess of both starts and had to do some hard work for the results but was good fun attacking riders. This is what we needed for all our confidence specially going into the next race at track I have never seen! Let’s go!”

James had a great weekend considering his confidence hitting first race weekend, qualifying on the second row gave him a good chance, the tyre choice for the first race was not ideal and he rode very well to finish 12th but struggled for a good lap to give him a decent start for race two.

With the track never really getting to 100% for race 2 it was difficult make up ground on his start position.

James Westmoreland 12th race 1 12th race 2

“I feel we have made good progress this weekend although I would have liked better results for the races, this was my first time I have ridden the Superbike in scary conditions and I was too cautious with the tyre choice and paid the penalty. It was really hard to overtake from my start position as the racing line was where the grip was, I had good race pace and feel much happier on the bike”

Rob Mac Team Manager

“A great weekend for us, we arrived with a different strategy and it paid off, Loris was amazingly calm in the terrible race conditions and you have to be constantly reminded he is only 18 when he puts together a weekend like that, Westy needed to be a bit braver with his tyre choice but had his best weekend so far. Well done to all the team at last we have a chance to smile and enjoy our Monday morning tea break”!
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
17-05-2011, 03:18 PM
Website Find Reply