Honda TT Legends aim to improve at Albacete
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Honda TT Legends aim to improve at Albacete
[Image: hondalegendslogo.jpg]

The Honda TT Legends team heads to Spain this week for the second round of the 2011 Endurance World Championship. The “8 horas Nocturnas of Albacete” will run from 6pm on Saturday 21 May until 2am on Sunday 22 May.

An impressive start to its EWC campaign at the Bol d’Or 24-hour last month saw the Honda TT Legends place fifth out of 53. Although the team is taking nothing for granted, the aim at Albacete will be improving on that position. John McGuinness and Steve Plater will compete in the race with Keith Amor in the role of reserve rider.

Neil Tuxworth, Team Manager

The team did an excellent job at the Bol d’Or 24-hour, we learned a huge amount but we know that we still have a lot to learn. This is a very different race, it’s a much shorter race and we only have two riders competing instead of three. As with the Bol, our main objective is to finish but of course this time we would like to try and improve on our position and the aim is to be in the top four. To go out and win at this stage would be very, very difficult as we are up against incredibly experienced teams and riders – but anything can happen in endurance racing.

John McGuinness

I'm really looking forward to Albacete. We had a steady start at the Bol d'Or and we got a top five position so I think we could do alright this weekend. I really just want to get back on the bike, get stuck in and get some laps in. We tested at Albacete a while back and we found a good base setting for the bike. Steve's on fire at the moment, we're both bike fit and strong - we're as ready as we're ever going to be.

Steve Plater

We have a completely different approach this time around. Not only is it an eight hour as opposed to a 24-hour race but it is also a completely different circuit. It’s a more aggressive, busy track and it’s much more suited to my riding style so I'll be pushng hard. It’s still a difficult task as there are only two riders instead of three this time, but I’m really looking forward to it. It’s my kind of race, I’ve won there before so hopefully we can get a bit nearer to the podium.

Keith Amor

The Bol d’Or was a trip into the unknown but we did it, we did well and we’re going into the second round with open eyes. We are much more aware of what we are up against this time and I think that can only work in our favour really. It would be good to improve on our position.
19-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Website Find Reply