Brookes set for Thruxton thrills
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes set for Thruxton thrills
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Thruxton has been a career-first circuit for Josh Brookes in previous seasons, he scored his first podium finish in 2009 and then a maiden BSB race win last year and now the Australian is hoping that history can repeat itself as he bids for his first podium finish of 2011 with the Relentless Suzuki by TAS team next weekend (28-30 May).

Brookes had a difficult start to the season and last year's title runner-up failed to score points at Brands Hatch following a crash in the opening race and then again at Oulton Park a crash ruled him out of a potential podium finish. However after two solid rides at Croft last time out confidence is building for Brookes who knows he needs to turn his title challenge around in a bid to elevate himself up the order in the standings and into the all-important top six ahead of the Showdown later in the season.

[Image: brookesthruxton1.jpg]

Brookes said:

"Thruxton is probably my favourite track on the BSB calendar; it's near to where I used to live so it has always been something of a home race for me. It's fast and always has some really close races and it is where I took my first BSB race win and first podium so is pretty special. We are expecting some updates for the Relentless Suzuki next weekend including a new tank design and seat unit so that will give us a new challenge, it might take a session to get familiar with it but it should be for the better.

"Croft didn't go completely according to plan despite two finishes. Qualifying seems to be a weakness at the moment because we are still making changes to the bike, sometimes they react how we want them to and sometimes they don't, but in the long run it will benefit us. In the races I didn't give it my usual 100 percent because in race one the conditions were changing and I really didn't want to get caught out with a stupid crash. Again in the second race I was in a reasonable position and I didn't want to risk a crash so finished fourth, which was kind of what I expected - I was comfortable but knew I could have given more to be up fighting for the podium. Two point-scoring finishes were good for the team and it has been good for my confidence ahead of Thruxton. I want to be up the front again and getting the results for the Relentless Suzuki boys for their hard work so far."
22-05-2011, 07:55 PM
Website Find Reply