William Dunlop - NORTH WEST 200 RACE REPORT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
William Dunlop - NORTH WEST 200 RACE REPORT
[Image: wdunlophdr.jpg]

Ballymoney rider William Dunlop, put Saturdays rain wrecked North West 200 down to just pure back luck, after the Wilson Craig Honda rider reflected on what might have been, with Dunlop in the unusual frame of mind, of almost enjoying riding in the wet, such was the confidence that he had with the set-up of the Wilson Craig Honda's over race week.

With the added bonus of having a suspension set up team with him for the first time, Dunlop said that the bikes where just unbelievable, and so easy to ride, a factor that is spurring him onwards toward this years Isle of Man TT Races.

William did however managed to break into the top six in the Supersport 600 race which was run over five laps in damp conditions, with Dunlop finishing just behind East Coast Racing rider Gary Johnson.

Speaking about the decision not to run any further races after the Supersport Race, William said that he would have started the Superbike race, had the decision to continue with the meeting went ahead.

[Image: wdunlop2011nwest.jpg]
Picture by Alan Armstrong

William Dunlop:

"It was a day to forget for everyone on Saturday. Organisers, rider, Teams, and fans.....it was very frustrating. I thought that with how things where going that they would have pulled the plug on the meeting earlier, but in all fairness, they did try to put on some kind of a show for those that had turned up. I was brimming with confidence with the Wilson Craig Bikes so much so, that I would have ridden in the wet if the racing had continued. As you know, I am not a fan of riding on wet roads, but when your machines are just set up the way that mine are at present, then those decisions are totally different.

I could not fault one bike over the race week, they where outstanding... the best by far I have ever ridden. Even the difference since Bishopscourt is unreal. I had suspension people with me at the North West and that was a huge improvement for me.

I suppose I should be happy enough with the 6th place in the Supersport race, considering all that was going on, but I just want to thank everyone in the Team, Wilson, the mechanics, and sponsors who have given me an opportunity to have a real go at the top.

I head off to the Isle of Man this week, and I am really looking forward to it as I now know that I have the machinery to do well this year, and thats what I am aiming to do".
22-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Website Find Reply