HM Plant Honda Aims To Carry Winning Momentum to Thruxton
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HM Plant Honda Aims To Carry Winning Momentum to Thruxton
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

The HM Plant Honda team is aiming to carry its race-winning momentum to Thruxton this Bank Holiday weekend for the fourth round of the British Superbike Championship as Shane 'Shakey' Byrne looks to extend his advantage in the title standings.

Shakey was victorious last time out at Croft and heading to the high-speed Hampshire circuit he has a three point advantage over nearest rival John Hopkins in the title standings. Shakey has celebrated podiums and victories at the track in the past and is feeling confident ahead of the weekend.

Ryuichi Kiyonari is also determined to make amends after a disappointing round at Croft, but the defending champion is eager to return to race-winning form in a bid to close down the title advantage of his team-mate.

In the Superstock 1000 Championship Jason O’Halloran has scored two second places from the opening three races and the Australian is aiming to go one better this weekend in his quest to secure his first win of the season for the HM Plant Honda team on the CBR1000RR Fireblade.

Shakey said:

“We had another win last time out at Croft and I really want to maintain that momentum at Thruxton. I am really looking forward to the weekend and I think it should suit the HM Plant Honda Fireblade from a performance point of view. Thruxton is all about speed and I think with a few more steps before the race we should be back up the front again and challenging for some more wins and those podium credits. The last time I raced there I had a win and last year HM Plant Honda won so hopefully that bodes well ahead of the weekend!”

Kiyo said:

“Last year Thruxton was a good race for the team with a win, although I just missed out on the podium. It was a very hard weekend at Croft for me and HM Plant Honda but I am going to Thruxton and I want to try and do again what I did at Oulton Park; I want to win and be back on the podium. I hope that we can work hard in free practice and qualifying to make changes to solve the problems we had at Croft so that we can be fast and pushing for wins.”

Jason said:

“I think Thruxton should be good for us; we made some changes at Croft and we felt more comfortable and went from sixth on the grid to second. I need to aim for a front row start and just go for it in the race. We know we are capable of winning with the package we have in the Fireblade, with a few steps forward in practice we should be up there ready to go on Monday.”

HM Plant Honda team manager Havier Beltran concluded:

“Following the Croft round we know we have the potential to have another good weekend at Thruxton. If you look at Shakey from the last round he looked like he could have taken a double win had it not been for the problem in the first race. He was in a class of his own so hopefully he can carry that momentum to Thruxton this weekend. For Kiyo we are aiming for a big turnaround from the last round and we have been working hard since Croft to make this happen. Thruxton is a circuit he likes so we should see the Kiyo that won at Oulton Park back this weekend. In the Superstock class Jason is looking to improve on the second place he had at Croft and maybe he can pull something out of the bag this weekend. He has been preparing hard and is feeling confident so we will see if he can go one better.”
23-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Website Find Reply