Hill setting sights on Thruxton dog fight
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill setting sights on Thruxton dog fight
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Swan Yamaha's Tommy Hill is hoping that this weekend he can put his shoulder injury to the back of his mind as he continues his fight back to full fitness in a bid to return to the podium in this weekend's fourth round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship at Thruxton.

Hill currently lies fifth in the overall standings despite his two non-starts at Oulton Park following his crash and believes that this weekend he could be back in contention for victory as he aims to close down the advantage to championship leader Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and John Hopkins in second.

Hill said:

"I feel ready for Thruxton and I have been having some more laser treatment and acupuncture since Croft to try and be as fit as I can be for the next round. At Croft I did the two races and then wanted to put my helmet back on and do more as I was feeling stronger as the weekend went on. The Swan Yamaha team have also been working hard with the bike so we are as prepared as possible to be up there come Bank Holiday Monday.

"Last year I had a pole position, a win and a second place at Thruxton so ideally I would like a repeat if not better. I want to be pushing for wins again rather than worrying about my shoulder and I think the extra time will make all the difference. I want to be fit again and not needing to make any excuses; I want to get the championship back on track for Swan Yamaha and hopefully I can do that at Thruxton."
23-05-2011, 02:33 PM
Website Find Reply