THRUXTON BSB BECKONS RELENTLESS SUZUKI
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
THRUXTON BSB BECKONS RELENTLESS SUZUKI
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

With Alastair Seeley on a high after his International North West 200 Supersport victory and Josh Brookes looking forward to his favourite circuit on the BSB calendar, there is an air of optimism within the Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing camp prior to this weekend's Bank Holiday British Superbike meeting at Thruxton in Hampshire.

Seeley currently holds down third place in the British Supersport class after six races, scoring one win from three podiums to date; and in the British Superbike class Josh Brookes redeemed himself at Croft, scoring 21 points, after a tough start to the season at Brands and Oulton. The Australian is now only 23 points outside the magical Shoot-Out top six.

Alastair Seeley:

"It's back to the 'day job' this weekend at Thruxton and I'll be looking to get back on the podium and make life hard for the boys just in front of me in the Championship. The North West 200 gave me more time on the new GSX-R600 and the wet conditions mixed with the dry weather practice on Tuesday and Thursday let me get to know my bike even better. I was really impressed with the whole package at the NW200, which is a good test, and with continued development I'm looking forward to the rest of the season on this great wee bike."

Josh Brookes:

"This week we go to Thruxton which is my favourite track of the year. It's where I got my first BSB podium back in 2009 and my first BSB win was at Thruxton in 2010, so let's see what it brings this year with Relentless Suzuki on the GSX-R1000. At Croft I rode with a safety margin in mind as I didn't want to crash again but I'm looking forward to this weekend at Thruxton to start building on my points' tally."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"We are all looking forward to getting back into BSB action this weekend, even though it's an extremely busy time of year for us trying to compete in both British Championship and on the international roads. With the schedules overlapping it can be a bit of a logistical nightmare having to split up our team with half at Thruxton and the rest of the boys already at the TT.

"As we proved at the North West 200, the GSX-R1000 is a fast Superbike and Josh will use the same engine specification that Alastair used to lead the Superbike race at the North West before it was stopped. It's a favourite circuit for Josh, so we will be hoping for some success this weekend.

"Alastair is coming from the North West 200 on a high and as he demonstrated with his Supersport victory, the all-new GSX-R600 Suzuki is a match for anything on track. The North West brought its own pressures for Alastair as the event's top rider and he handled it like a true professional. This week he can get back to being fully focused on the British Supersport Championship and will be looking to close the gap on the front two."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
27-05-2011, 12:30 PM
Website Find Reply