Rapid Solicitors Ducati 848 Challenge – Thruxton Preview
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rapid Solicitors Ducati 848 Challenge – Thruxton Preview
[Image: rapidracinghdr.jpg]

Thruxton circuit hosts the third round of the Rapid Solicitors Ducati 848 Challenge with Buildbase/JHP Ducati’s Leon Morris leading the championship on maximum points.

Morris heads back to UK shores and the BSB paddock after securing wins at the previous round in Assen. Despite closely fought races at the Dutch circuit, Morris returned with his second double win of the season.

Darren Fry current title holder was the dominant force last year and although having pushed team mate Morris all the way in the four races so far, he has yet to break Morris’s early stranglehold on the Championship. Fry and Morris can also expect close attention from Kenny Gilbertson (Boast Plumbing – Art of Racing) and veteran Mike ‘Spike’ Edwards (MSK.works.com) who have both shared podiums this year.

Mark Cheetham (Shorrocks Motorcycles) will be hoping to break his podium duck having finished twice just outside the top three and Robbie Brown (DMC Racing) will be hoping his improving form and luck will carry him to his first race win.

Alexey Ivanov (Ducati Manchester) suffered disappointment in Assen when a crash in qualifying led to a dislocated shoulder and sitting out both races while another who missed racing at Assen was South African Clinton De Tarnowsky (Ohlins/P&H Motorcycles) who was unable to attend due to visa problems.

The super-fast Thruxton circuit is sure to be the scene of more enthralling racing that has characterised the Rapid Solicitors Ducati 848 Challenge so far this season. Local boy Leon Morris will no doubt be favourite to continue his good form and Leon was cautiously optimistic about task ahead, ‘"The Assen races were some of the hardest races I have had for years. I had to push every second of the way and it was great to come back with two race wins but I am under no illusions that Thruxton will be any easier.’

The Rapid Solicitors Ducati 848 Challenge is an official support race to British Superbikes and the races will take place on Sunday 29 May at 15.00 and Sunday 30 May at 13.15.
28-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Website Find Reply