FABRIZIO 8TH DESPITE FLU AT MILLER WSB
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FABRIZIO 8TH DESPITE FLU AT MILLER WSB
[Image: alstarehdr.jpg]

Team Alstare Suzuki rider Michel Fabrizio fought off the effects of Flu to finish eighth on the first day of qualifying at the Miller Motorsport Park World Superbike fifth-round qualifying in Utah today.

The Italian arrived in America with a high fever, but improved the past two days and was able to get on the bike today. Despite suffering from low energy levels, Fabrizio toughed-it-out and finished first qualifying with the eighth-fastest lap time.

Carlos Checa (Ducati) was fastest at Miller, ending with a time of 1:48.260, nearly eight-tenths-of-a-second ahead of his nearest rival Leon Camier (Aprilia) with Max Biaggi (Aprilia) third and Tom Sykes (Kawasaki) fourth.

Michel Fabrizio - 8th, 1:49.855:

"Before I left Europe, both my children had Flu or something like that and very kindly they passed it on to me! I felt very rough when I arrived in USA - my eyes were all bloodshot, my throat was sore and my nose was bunged up. My limbs felt all floppy and all I wanted to do was lie down and rest. But after some medication, I began to feel better and I was able to get on the bike without thinking too much about my condition. I managed some decent lap times and, all things considering, I am content with my position.

"The bike felt OK today and tomorrow we'll just keep on trying to improve it. The track was a little dusty in some places today, but I'm not sure how it is going to be if tomorrow's forecast is correct and it rains. I don't think we've ever run round here in the wet, so if it does rain, it's going to be a new experience for all of us. I hope it doesn't rain and I also hope that my condition improves and feel a lot better tomorrow."

Saturday qualifying:

1 Carlos Checa (ESP-Ducati) 1:48.260,
2 Leon Camier (GBR-Aprilia) 1:49.055,
3 Max Biaggi (ITA-Aprilia) 1:49.306,
4 Tome Sykes (GBR-Kawasaki) 1:49.432,
5 Troy Corser (AUS-BMW) 1:49.552,
6 Jonathan Rea (GBR-Honda) 1:49.621.
8 Michel Fabrizio (ITA-Alstare Suzuki) 1:49.855.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
29-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Website Find Reply