McConnell takes first pole position of the season
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
McConnell takes first pole position of the season
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

[Image: bsbsupersportlogo.jpg]

Oxford TAG Triumph's Billy McConnell will start from pole position for the opening race for the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship at Thruxton this afternoon after a flying lap in the final five minutes put him ahead of championship leader Ben Wilson.

Wilson had been fastest on track throughout the early stages and then with less than ten minutes remaining McConnell moved fastest, Wilson retaliated but it wasn't enough as the Oxford TAG Triumph went back ahead.

McConnell's team-mate Paul Young was third fastest after a consistent session to stay ahead of yesterday's fastest rider Jack Kennedy on the Colin Appleyard/Macadam Racing Yamaha with Sam Warren rounding out the top five.

Steve Plater was looking for a potential front row start but whilst aiming for an improvement to move him inside the top five he crashed unhurt at the Chicane and that ended his session prematurely. He will start this afternoon's first race from the fourth row in 14th. Alastair Seeley will start from sixth on the Relentless Suzuki after climbing up the order in the final stages.

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship, Thruxton, qualifying result:

Billy McConnell (Oxford TAG Triumph) 1m:16.982s
Ben Wilson (Gearlink Kawasaki) +0.020s
Paul Young (Oxford TAG Triumph) +0.125s
Jack Kennedy (Colin Appleyard/Macadam Racing) +0.509s
Sam Warren (Bike Interceptor Yamaha by Seton) +0.523s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2011, 02:03 PM by Malcolm.)
29-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Website Find Reply