biker 51st visit saddly dies
Anonymous
Unregistered

biker 51st visit saddly dies
for all the people who have ever attended the isle of man tt races i have the sad job of informing you that a Mr(ZEEK)Emerys Watkin of welshpool mid wales died of a heart attack on thursday 18th /7/ 2002 wile ridding his honda 400/4 @ the grand old age of 78, i am posting this notice so anyone of you if you knew him or not is irelevent because he had just returned from his 51st TT (he even went when it was cancelled) & i would like every biker who reads this to raise a glass to a true supporter of our sport, any one with any coments or messages for his family please leave me an e mail. the funeral will take place on tuesday 30/7/2002 @ st marys church welshpool mid wales.to all his friends on the island i`m soory it at such short notice

27-07-2002, 10:49 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: biker 51st visit saddly dies
Yes i knew Emm as he was one of the lads every night in the Bowler, very sad indeed and used to drink with Ian from Wrexham who marshalls at Union Mills TT and MGP, RIP Emm.
28-07-2002, 10:03 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

sorry i forgot time, the service will be held at 10am on tuseday 30/7/02 at st marys church welshpool,any one needing any more info please phone me on 07786635289
28-07-2002, 11:53 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

A sad day indeed--He was one of our decreasing band of true TT fans who have gone through all kinds of ups-and-downs to be there on the Island each and every year--
I only missed last year because there was no TT but in retrospect I wish I had visited to keep my run going--I hope to continue for a few years yet !! But there was a year out....
28-07-2002, 04:01 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes very true Ian the Bowling Green Pub wont be the same as Emm was part of the furniture at TT and MGP, he was a character indeed.
28-07-2002, 06:08 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Of course most of us do not remember Emm, but these postings are most poignant because everyone feels the loss. We all pause to wonder what it is that binds the enthusiasts of the mountain course together. When one of our number makes his exit it is a personal loss, keenly felt. We may not all be champion riders but we relish the depth of history and tradition and we participate physically or psychologically in the challenge this event offers. We have seen the supermen triumph here. We have seen the battler confront his personal limits. But there is common ground that we can all tread, we can all get close to our heros and perhaps our dreams. Would that we could all share Emm long 51 years of experiences.He has more friends than he must ever have imagined. Rest in peace Emm.
30-07-2002, 11:55 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

Very nice tribute Don to a smashing fan, he was one of the lads even on Mad Sunday he would take off and burn the rubber on the Mountain Circuit, one drinking partner less next year but we will raise a glass to you Emm, thanks for the memories.
30-07-2002, 12:35 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

With you David I raise a glass of expensive red tonight to someone I never knew. We are all a little crazy or irresponsible at times but it does not preclude us from having depths of feelings which are as valid as those who have never touched a drop of the hard stuff or broken the speed limit. Isn't it a basta#d when the good blokes go?
30-07-2002, 12:50 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know just how you feel, Don. I was reminded too, of late friend, much missed, Davie Silver, who, with Alice, attended TTs and Manx Grand Prixs for about 40 years, till an idiot parked his bike under Davie's van. The Silvers never recovered from this horror, and I don't think they ever returned to the Island.
At the moment the family are going through a very difficult time following the death of Jim. However, I have so many happy memories of them all, and remember Davie telling me how they were shipwrecked one TT week, when the ferry ran aground off Liverpool...anyone else remember that long ago incident?
30-07-2002, 08:41 PM
Anonymous
Unregistered

What a touching tribute, my thoughts to his family also.
Stella.
13-08-2002, 12:17 AM