William Dunlop SS600 1 & S/Stock TT Race Reports
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
William Dunlop SS600 1 & S/Stock TT Race Reports
[Image: wdunlophdr.jpg]

Wilson Craig Honda rider William Dunlop continued to improve his Isle of Man TT results on Monday after the 25 year old Ballymoney rider finished with a TT personal best in Mondays 360 Royal London Superstock TT Race over four laps of the 37 mile mountain circuit.

But it was not all plain sailing for William after he was unable to start Monday's ill fated Monster Energy Supersport 600 TT Race after a serious mechanical problem ruled Dunlop out moments before the start of the race.

With the misfortune of not being able to start, William composed himself in preparation for the Superstock Race, in which he held 5th place for the duration of the race, and finished the day of with his fastest ever race lap around the TT circuit at 127.320mph.

On Wednesday, William hopes to make the start line for the second Monster Energy Supersport 600 Race, and is quietly confident that he will set his first 126+mph lap on the Supersport 600 machine given the right conditions.

[Image: wdunlopballaugh1.jpg]
Pic By Baylon McCaughey

William Dunlop:

"Its been a bit of a frustrating two days which have also been mixed with joy personally, but the non participation in Mondays Supersport 600 race was a hard pill to swallow. We found that the bike had a serious mechanical problem which may have given a safety concern. We needed to get in run on the dyno but where unable so we had no other choice than to pull out of the race at the last minute. I was looking forward to that race, but I will get another chance on Wednesday, where I hope to record my first 126mph lap. Things went better in the Superstock race in which I was able to consistently hold onto fifth place over the four laps. I was really well pleased with that result, my best at the TT by far. With each race, I gain more confidence, and to have Cameron behind me (Team Mate) in that race was very pleasing for me personally, but a great result for the Team.

I would like to pass on my sincere sympathies to the family of Derek Brien who was killed during the Supersport Race on Monday. We all knew Derek well, and he was having a good TT this year, so that' makes it even harder for his family and friends, who's thoughts are in our minds at this difficult time".

09-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Website Find Reply