Another unfortunate day for Simoncelli
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Another unfortunate day for Simoncelli
[Image: sancarlohondahdr.jpg]

Yet another Grand Prix went by with “Super Sic” as one of the standout performers but without a podium to show for his efforts, this time due to a crash in torrentially wet conditions at Silverstone.

Simoncelli crashed his San Carlo Honda Gresini out of third place this weekend at the AirAsia British Grand Prix, leaving the Italian little option but to try again for the podium at the next race in Assen. Hiroshi Aoyama managed to stay upright to bring his machine home in ninth position, the Japanese rider happy to have taken another step forward with the feeling of his bike.

Marco Simoncelli:

“I am completely distraught because it seems every week we line up ready for a top race and something happens to deny me. I had already had a moment in the corner I crashed in, so I tried to be more careful but the front closed and I found myself on the floor waving goodbye to the podium once again. I am gutted! I'll go home with my head down now, but tomorrow I have to start looking forward to Assen with the hope that this bad run is over.”

Hiroshi Aoyama:

“It was difficult to get a feeling for the bike in the wet conditions this morning in the warm-up, but as the laps went by in the race, I felt more and more comfortable. The end result isn't particularly satisfying but we got good experience on the wet track that will help us find a good set-up in the future. Hopefully we can do better next time out.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Website Find Reply