Simoncelli ready to turn the page at Assen
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Simoncelli ready to turn the page at Assen
[Image: sancarlohondahdr.jpg]

Marco Simoncelli returned home from Silverstone with his head down but determined to turn the page in the next round at Assen.

The Italian is looking to end a disastrous run of five races without a result to show for his outstanding efforts in practice, having shown podium potential only to come away virtually empty handed in each of the last five races. Assen could be the start of a new chapter for 'Super Sic' as the circuit is one of his favourites, even since its definitive modification back in 2006, before which Marco was a particular fan.

Opportunity knocks for Hiroshi Aoyama, who in the likely outcome that Dani Pedrosa is unfit to ride at Assen will contest the Dutch TT on board the Spaniard's factory Honda RC212V as part of the Repsol Honda Team. It is an arrangement that Team San Carlo Honda Gresini, who enjoy a close relationship with HRC, were more than happy to facilitate as it will no doubt be a constructive experience for Hiroshi. His place at Team San Carlo Honda Gresini will be taken by test rider HRC Kousuke Akiyoshi should this eventuality occur.

[Image: simoncelliassen.jpg]

Marco Simoncelli, San Carlo Honda Gresini

“I spent two or three days with my head down after Silverstone before I started to get over the disappointment. That torrid day in England is now firmly behind me though and I’m looking forward to Assen, with the sole objective of continuing to work in exactly the same way that we have done in recent Grand Prix races, but this time following it up with a result on race day. We are on the right path and we remain confident that the results will come. I like the Assen circuit even though I have to say the old layout was more interesting. Anyway, apart from the twisty first sections it is still one of my favourite circuits, so I’m sure I can be running up front again this weekend.”

Hiroshi Aoyama, San Carlo Honda Gresini

“I will most probably be contesting the Dutch TT at Assen on board a factory RC212V as part of the Repsol Honda Team. I would like to thank Team San Carlo Honda Gresini and HRC for offering me this great opportunity.”
22-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Website Find Reply