[split] Manx Grand Prix Bike Compliance etc
George Offline

Threads: 50
RE: A NUMBER OF MAJOR COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS CONFIRMED FOR MANX GRAND PRIX FESTIVAL
(23-06-2011, 08:30 PM)rc30alfie Wrote:
(23-06-2011, 07:19 PM)cregnybaa Wrote:
(23-06-2011, 03:08 PM)rc30alfie Wrote:
(23-06-2011, 01:04 AM)cregnybaa Wrote:
(22-06-2011, 11:32 PM)rc30alfie Wrote:
(18-02-2011, 09:21 PM)superted Wrote: And I presume that this year ALL post-classic machines will comply with the rules, regardless of who's on 'em or providing 'em
Hehe

Just noticed this post. Perhaps you would like to point out, in your opinion, what machine didn,t comply with the rules and in what way.

A red and black suzuki running 6'' rear rim with 190 tyre for one as this size tyre and rim never existed in 1985.

I assume that you mean Michael Dunlops Suzuki although for some reason you appear to be reluctant to say so. If the rear wheel and tyre on his Suzuki was illegal as you infer I feel that the Manx Club would have taken action. I have looked through the regs for the 2010 MGP and there is no reference to any maximum size permitted only a vague reference to a 'size that was available in the period'. Can you confirm what size the rim was? Did you measure it?
If you felt that there was something illegal on his bike or any others ( I believe that the other Suzukis all had the same size wheels) why , if you were a competitor or entrant you didn,t put your money down and do a proper protest instead of being a keyboard warrior and bitching about it six months later.
What did you expect the bike to have on it, a pair of TT100,s

Well rc30alf there was a protest put in with the fee but the manx mcc refused to take the protest saying they dont accept protests???. The rear wheel on that red and black suzuki was a 6'' rim i was standing there in scrutineering looking at it and have seen this bike at a show since still with its 6'' rim and 190 tyre , the rules stated wheels must be of a size available at the time, so at the time 1985 the 180 was the largest tyre available and that was running on a 5.5'' rim and i have that documented so does the manx mcc but you wont find any documentation relating to a 6'' rim being used for racing in 1985. by the way i was not the protester but i do know it definatly happened.
Regarding the silly statement about the tt100s michael would most likely still win if that bike had been fitted with tt100s.
I am not bitching about it six months later i am just stating a fact and if you are going to the manx this year i would be happy to tell you face to face if you like.

If there was a protest put in in accordance with the rules, undoubtedly the MMCC would have taken action on any legitimate protest. See attachment from the regs.

They certainly wouldn,t have said they don,t accept protests. Its in the rules. FACT.

Icon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lolIcon_lol
23-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Find Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: A NUMBER OF MAJOR COMMERCIAL CONTRACTS CONFIRMED FOR MANX GRAND PRIX FESTIVAL - by George - 23-06-2011, 08:44 PM