Simoncelli: “I can’t wait to get back on the bike tomorrow”
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Simoncelli: “I can’t wait to get back on the bike tomorrow”
[Image: sancarlohondahdr.jpg]

The opening day of the Dutch TT saw the cancellation of free practice in all three classes at Assen, due to an oil spillage during the morning Moto2 session that the officials were unable to shift despite a valiant effort.

Marco Simoncelli sits on top of the overnight time sheets thanks to his excellent pace in damp conditions during the morning session, when the Team San Carlo Honda Gresini quickly found a good base set-up that he will continue to work on in tomorrow morning's extended 90-minute free practice. Hosuke Akiyoshi made a satisfactory start to the weekend, stepping in for Hiro Aoyama who is covering for the injured Dani Pedrosa.

Marco Simoncelli - 1st - 1’49.046 :

“It is a shame that we couldn't ride this afternoon because of the track conditions but we will be able to make up for it with the extra time tomorrow. This morning I went very well on a very wet track and we were able to get valuable data and a feeling for the track. I am happy and I can't wait for tomorrow to get back on the bike. We will try something with the front-end set-up and some electronic solutions but already we have good traction and stability on the rear.”

Kousuke Akiyoshi - 14th - 1’53.353 :

“I am happy to have this opportunity and delight to be working with such a professi onal team, who made me feel comfortable straight away. My feeling with the bike is good and I hope to improve my position tomorrow.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
24-06-2011, 08:41 AM
Website Find Reply