NEW BSB CHALLENGE FOR SAMSUNG CRESCENT
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
NEW BSB CHALLENGE FOR SAMSUNG CRESCENT
[Image: suzukiplainhdr.jpg]

An all-new track will greet the Samsung Crescent Racing team for this weekend's sixth round of the 2011 British Superbikes Championship as Snetterton's winter reconstruction gives the Norfolk circuit an extra mile of track and, at three miles long, the 'Snetterton 300' becomes the second longest track in the UK.

The former WWII USAF base will offer a level playing field for American BSB rookie John Hopkins, as all the riders will have to get to grips with the new layout. For Hopkins, this could be an opportunity to make a big points - and podium credits - haul as he looks to strengthen his hold on second position in the championship - and challenge for the lead.

Team-mate Jon Kirkham will be looking to grab the top-five finishing positions his lap times have shown should be his as he endeavours to join Hopkins in BSB's elite top-six.

John Hopkins:

"I'm looking to score a lot of points and net a lot of podium credits this weekend. My shoulder injury from Knockhill, while not completely healed, will not bother me. I went to the Clinica Mobile at the Dutch GP at the weekend and after the laser treatment and expert physio I'm in great shape.

"We tested here at Snetterton 300 last Tuesday and I like the track. It's the usual job of joining the dots to make the lap flow and there's a lot happening in the first half of the lap; there's lots to consider - it'll be a busy weekend. But the bike felt great and I've got a good feel for what's to come."

Jon Kirkham:

"What a track! After Knockhill it took a few laps here to get used to riding the bike at top speed again as this is one fast circuit. But it's also one with lots of passing places and I think we can look forward to some brilliant racing.

"I know what my job is for the weekend: I've got to nail two top-fives and enough points to get back into the top six in the standings and consolidate my position there."

Jack Valentine - Team Manager:

"We had a good test here last week. Both riders got in plenty of laps and comfortably set good lap times. Every lap meant more circuit knowledge and this will be important come the start of Friday's practice - we'll be starting straight away from a good base on which to build for qualifying and the races.

"Hopper's reporting his shoulder's feeling much stronger and is now comfortable given the rest and the work the Clinica Mobile people did on it. I'm sure he'll be on the pace and grabbing a good number of points and podium credits this weekend. JK should be on the pace as well. He was setting lap times comparable to the front runners during his comeback ride in race two at Knockhill. He's got the pace and he's shown he can beat everyone in the paddock. He just needs to put it all together consistently every weekend.

"For the fans we're certainly facing an exciting weekend. A new track means new lap records; new everything, just at the right time for the Championship."
27-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Website Find Reply