Hill seeks Snetterton clean sweep
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Hill seeks Snetterton clean sweep
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

Swan Yamaha's Tommy Hill was the first rider of the season to take a double win at Knockhill and he admits his confidence has never been higher ahead of the first round on the new Snetterton 300 circuit next weekend (1-3 July), despite a crash at the pre-season test meaning he has only completed a handful of laps compared to his rivals.

Hill's double victory has elevated him to third in the overall standings and as he prepares to close the advantage of Shane 'Shakey' Byrne and John Hopkins the Swan Yamaha rider believes he won't be at a disadvantage despite having only completed limited laps at the test before his crash.

Hill said:

"We have a very strong base setting on the Swan Yamaha and I think that should be a good place for us to start this weekend. It has been good for us; it took us to pole at Oulton Park and then a pole position and double win at Knockhill so we are hopefully not going to be far off from the start. I am just looking forward to getting out in practice and getting some laps in as I have done fewer than most of the other riders as when we were here for the test I had a crash and only did a handful of laps.

"The new track is going to be exciting that's for sure and really for the first time this season everyone is in the same position of a completely new track. I definitely want to be back at the front again collecting the points and the podium credits for the championship. My confidence is probably the highest it has been since before my crash at Oulton Park so the weekend can't come soon enough."

The next round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship is the first visit to the
new 2.99 mile Snetterton 300 next weekend (1-3 July).

For more information visit http://www.snetterton.co.uk or call 0843 453 9000.
28-06-2011, 08:18 AM
Website Find Reply