Kiyo aims for Snetterton reign to continue
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Kiyo aims for Snetterton reign to continue
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]

HM Plant Honda's Ryuichi Kiyonari has in past seasons been a master of the former Snetterton circuit having scored at least one victory on the past four visits to the Norfolk track. His run of wins included a double in both 2006 and 2007 and after clawing his way back inside the top six after Knockhill he will be hoping that history can repeat itself this weekend on the new 300 layout.

Kiyonari has only taken one victory so far this season at Oulton Park as he struggled to get comfortable with the HM Plant Honda at the two bumpiest tracks on the calendar but he turned it around at Knockhill when he was back to the form that he showed at the start of the season with a fourth place in race two. Kiyonari scraped back inside the top six by five points relegating Peter Hickman to seventh, but with only five podium credits scored to date he knows that a return to the top three could prove critical to his title aspirations.

Kiyonari said:

"I liked Snetterton before but now I think it will be more of a challenge and more exciting for the fans. I think we will all start the same so it is difficult to know who will be fastest, which is good for the fans but not so good for me as I want to win! At Knockhill I was feeling more comfortable and could push again and I was happier than I had been after Croft and Thruxton. We have won before at Snetterton on the old circuit and I want to win again for sure, especially for the first win. The HM Plant Honda has been fast there in the past so we need to push hard and do everything we can to win."
28-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Website Find Reply