BROOKES CONFIDENT AFTER BSB TEST
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BROOKES CONFIDENT AFTER BSB TEST
[Image: relentless2011hdr.jpg]

Relentless Suzuki by TAS Racing's Josh Brookes completed over 100 laps at Kirkistown Racetrack on Monday in preparation for round six of the British Superbike Championship at Snetterton in Norfolk this coming weekend.

The main aim for the Australian was to test different engine specifications and chassis settings at the Northern Ireland track and after pinpointing two key areas of improvement throughout the day, Brookes is feeling even more confident going to the new track layout at Snetterton.

Josh Brookes - British Superbike:

"Any type of testing is worthwhile but what we did yesterday has given me a confidence boost. The bike has been working really well up to now, but I've been struggling to find that half-a-second to be on race-winning pace. What we did yesterday, in two areas of the bike, will hopefully help me find that extra little bit. It's wonderful what you learn when you test two bikes back-to-back; something that you cannot do on a race weekend. I already knew I'd have a good feeling going to Snetterton after my double there last year, but my confidence is now boosted even further with the improvements in these two key areas on my GSX-R1000 Superbike."

[Image: joshbrookes.jpg]

Alastair Seeley - British Supersport

"Although the track has changed in certain areas I have still been studying DVDs from last year and generally doing my homework, as I always do before each round. We had a strong meeting there last year with the Superbike and now that we have some upgrades for the new GSX-R600, I'm really looking forward to Snetterton. I'm sure it'll be another tough battle but it's now a thinking man's circuit and will come down to rider ability - and on that, I think we have the package to be successful."

Philip Neill - Team Manager

"You can race as much as you like and go to track days, but it's hard to beat a full day testing at a track all to yourself where you can come in and out whenever you like. So Monday's test with Josh as Kirkistown was beneficial and very positive indeed. We were able to refine some smaller but very important details, which is nearly impossible at a race weekend, so hopefully we will see the benefits and begin to move forward starting at Snetterton."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
29-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Website Find Reply