FABRIZIO AIMS FOR BRNO WSB PODIUM
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
FABRIZIO AIMS FOR BRNO WSB PODIUM
[Image: alstarehdr.jpg]

Team Alstare Suzuki's Michel Fabrizio will be going all out for a podium at this weekend's eighth round of the World Superbike Championship at Brno in the Czech Republic.

The Italian likes the spectacular 5.403 kilometre track and has enjoyed many successes there on previous visits with seven podiums from 10 races.

Michel Fabrizio:

"I like the Brno circuit very much because it is a real race track; full of ups and downs and many fast corners. I particularly like the fast corners and I think my bike will go very well there. It's been a bit of a time since my last podium, but I think Brno is the kind of track where I can get on the podium.

"Of course my race-day plans would be helped if I could actually qualify on the front two rows of the grid. This has been a problem for me this season and it is very hard to get a good result if you have to start a race from rows three or four. I would be happy if qualifying tyres were scrapped because that would get rid of the element of luck in the three Superpoles. I think, if the qualifying tyres were scrapped, I would have a much better chance of qualifying on the first two rows of the grid. However, this is not going to change this season, so I and the team just have to manage the situation and qualify better. It is as simple as that.

"I am really looking forward to Brno and am thinking of at least one podium. If things go well on Friday and Saturday, then who knows what could happen on Sunday. But whatever happens in practice and qualifying, I shall be doing my very best to get on the podium on Sunday."

2010 Results:

Race 1:
1 Jonathan Rea (GBR-Honda), 2 Max Biaggi (ITA-Aprilia), 3 Cal Crutchlow (GBR-Yamaha), 4 Sylvain Guintoli (FRA-Team Alstare Suzuki), 5 Ruben Xaus (ESP-BMW), 6 Noriyuki Haga (JPN-Ducati). Michel Fabrizio (ITA-Ducati) DNF.

Race 2:
1 Biaggi, 2 Rea, 3 Michel Fabrizio (ITA-Ducati), 4 James Toseland (GBR-Yamaha), 5 Haga, 6 Carlos Checa (ESP-Ducati).
06-07-2011, 09:28 AM
Website Find Reply