New shape for top Honda team at Brno
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
New shape for top Honda team at Brno
[Image: castrolhondahdr.jpg]

With Jonathan Rea still recuperating from injury the Castrol Honda team heads to Brno with young Briton Alex Lowes partnering team regular Ruben Xaus. Lowes, twin brother of Parkalgar Honda Supersport World Championship rider Sam, has raced at the classic Czech circuit during his time in Superstock championship competition two years ago.

Having been unable to make a test of the Castrol Honda machine this weekend will be his first outing on the CBR1000RR Fireblade, although he has been to the team's base in the Netherlands for a familiarization session. The 20-year-old began the season in the British Superbike championship campaigning an Evo-specification CBR that carries a virtually stock engine and does not feature the sophisticated electronics of the SBK machine. More recently he has ridden a full-spec Kawasaki BSB machine, with some degree of success.

[Image: alexlowesheadshot.jpg]

Said Lowes of his attention-grabbing opportunity,

"After the British Superbike race weekend just gone, I'm happy to be able to focus 100% on Brno now and I can't wait to get on the bike there. I went to the team workshop last week and the guys made me feel really relaxed and welcome and went through a circuit map with me to discuss the gearing and other settings that Jonathan used last year. I also tried the bike for size, but really didn't change anything except lowering the front brake lever a little and adding a thumb lever for the rear brake. I'll walk the track with the guys when I get to Brno and then just aim to keep improving in every session over the weekend. It's difficult to know what to expect in the way of results until I get out there, but my aim is simply to enjoy myself, work hard and do the best that I can to make the most of this chance."

Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-07-2011, 09:45 AM
Website Find Reply